Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sick boy:(

Poor Graham has had a rough day. It started when I went to get him out of bed this morning. The entire crib was soaked. He has certainly peed through a diaper before, but nothing like this. So, we stripped the crib, threw in a load of laundry, had a morning bath, and tried to get on with our day. Graham was completely clingy, whiny and wouldn't eat all morning. He gladly went down for his morning nap. I thought it was just because our day started so poorly, but all he wanted to do was cuddle, as we were sitting after an attempt at lunch I realized he was burning up. Temperature of 102! I called his pediatrician and got him in at 3:45. We had enough time for a nap, which he gladly took. At the pediatrician he was so good, but not feeling well. The Dr. wasn't exactly sure what is going on. Ears and physical checked out, no rash, etc. He gave me these interesting little bags (think vacuum bags) to put over his penis in his diaper to collect a urine sample to bring back in. Easier said than done. The first one got ruined by a poopy diaper. I have one left, saving it for tomorrow morning, wish me luck on that one! Anyway, after Motrin, the fever went down, but by bed time tonight it was up to 103.4. Yikes. Then, as I was giving him his Motrin, he vomited up the only thing he ate all day, blackberries. Poor little guy. He went to bed so easily and I hope it is a restful night. We were going to try a toddler yoga class tomorrow, looks like that isn't going to happen. Hopefully good news tomorrow!

1 comment:

Ali said...

Saying a prayer for you sweet boy. Love you, Graham.