Wednesday, February 11, 2009

You do what is necessary....

....to keep your house clean! Thanks to the nice 50 degree days we have had, our backyard has gone from covered in snow, to covered in mud/water. It's pretty much a pond back there. When you have dogs, this equates to a mess. Last night I spent a good 20 minutes cleaning off Chloe's paws after she came in. Actually, I cleaned her outside because it was such a mess. The mud was caked into her pads of her paws. I decided there was no way I was doing this four times a day for the next few months. So, today I went to the pet store with a mission, to find something to help us out. I found a solution, but I wasn't about to spend 50 bucks on booties for my dog! I came home, raided my sock drawer, and my bathroom for four hairties, and well, you can see the result. Chloe was a sport about it, went outside, did her business, and came back. Her "shoes" are now by the back door for all future trips outside until my yard becomes solid again!

1 comment:

Kate said...

That's hysterical.