Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Meeting Hadley!



Holding baby sister!

Giving Hadley hugs


Seeing her for the first time!!


When we came home from the hospital with Hadley, it was such a fun moment. One that I really wanted to document well. We did an ok job. Pat was so intent on getting the video, we have no still shots. I have a few from my mom, but she was trying to stand back out of the video, so this is all we have of still shots. I will try to get the video edited to a quick good few seconds to post, but it has just been crazy around here! With getting to the doctor everyday for Hadley's blood draws to check her billirubin levels, to trying to keep things moving for Graham, to dealing with a million inches of snow, and so many other things, it's a zoo around here! A fun zoo, but a zoo nonetheless. Pat has been a huge help this week, as has my mom. Pat has said many times in the last few days that he has a new appreciation for what I do on a daily basis, and that is just what I have been doing for the past two years with one baby, my job has more than just doubled! Anyway, back to the first meeting. Graham was so excited to see her, and wanted to instantly give her hugs. I was a sobbing mess. He has been really good with her, and likes to give her hugs. So far though, he has been a little bit clingy, especially when I am nursing and he knows that I can't play or pay complete attention to him. He loves that she is blue right now with her light treatment:)

1 comment:

Kate said...

Oh, those pictures are so sweet, Monica. And I know what you mean about wanting to document it - without much luck. Sad, but true! But the photos you do have are very, very cute.