Tuesday, January 5, 2010

34 Week Baby Girl Update

I started off the day in a frenzy trying to get Graham and I out the door for my OB appointment this morning. Luckily a great friend watched Graham so he could have fun and play instead of watch me get poked and prodded. I reported my continuing contractions and pressure I feel quite often to my doctor. She did a internal exam again, and sure enough I have started to dilate and efface. It's a little early for that to start, they like to keep that from happening before 36 weeks. Also, I am once again measuring small. I think this baby just moves into different positions a lot, messing up the measurements. My OB agreed, but wants to do a growth scan next week just to check, especially since baby is threatening to come early. I appreciate the precautions. Because of the changes down there, I am on "modified bed rest" until I am seen again next Thurdsay. I was told to do no housework, exercise, errands, or lifting of Graham. I am supposed to sit as much as possible and do nothing. Well, this should be a challenge in itself! So far I can say I have followed doctors orders as best as I can. I even took a nap today, which is why I am still up now! That is our news for now.

No comments: