5 years ago
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Playroom!
So with new baby coming soon, and my family room slowly being overtaken with toys, I decided we needed some sort of playroom. Especially since we have this loft area above our family room that is pretty much used for nothing. Now that Graham is a proficient user of stairs, I thought this winter was the perfect time to get it going. Not to mention it is attached to our bedroom, and I am hoping Graham will play as I lounge in bed and nurse the new baby! One can dream:) Anyway, I have been trying to figure out how to best use the space, with maximum fun. Pat went out of town this weekend for his own fun, so I took the opportunity to drill holes in the wall without judgement:) So, the awesome chalkboard you see is compliments of Papa (my Dad!). He worked his tail off for me this weekend to build the whole thing from scratch! We are so grateful for such a talented Papa! The board is made from a piece of drywall, we purchased magnetic paint and chalkboard paint and went to town. It still needs to dry a few more days before we should play, plenty of time for me to track down some dust free chalk! The shelves were my project, I spent the past week of naps and evening hours sanding, and painting. Now to fill the space with toys! Santa will be bringing a special big toy to go in the corner you can't see, yay!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment