Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Miss Hadley's 9 month stats

Today we had Hadley's 9 month well baby visit. She passed with flying colors! Baby girl is loving her food! She weighs 14 lbs, 8 oz, which is less than 5th percentile, and is 28 inches tall, 60th percentile. She sounds like a string bean, but really she doesn't look crazy skinny- just petite. The weight is still so teeny, but considering on September 22 at her weight check she was 12 lbs, 14 oz, she has gained a lot in less than two months, so her pediatrician was really pleased. Hadley has three words, Mama, Dada, and Nigh-Nigh (night night). She even says Nigh Nigh Mama when she is getting close to bedtime and when I am getting her ready for bed. It's really sweet. She loves mimicking sounds. The latest discovery I have made, is when I am putting her to bed, I sing "You are My Sunshine" and baby girl sings along with me. It is a little cooing/ mimic singing, and it just melts my heart. I think every night, I don't want this to ever end, it brings tears to my eyes to think about it.
Hadley has decided that crawling is simply for the birds, and has decided it is much more efficient to roll around to get to her next location. I can't leave her alone anymore, but not because of crawling, because of her rolling. It's actually pretty funny to watch.
She continues to love to smile, watch anything Graham does, and simply fill our hearts with joy. I can't believe how fast her first year is going. I found myself thinking about her first birthday details and just had to stop because I just want to think of her has my baby, at least for the rest of 2010:)

2 comments:

Ali said...

Harper's got a few percentiles on Hadley, but not much. Dr Forsythe said exactly that at Harper's 15 month the other day - she's petite.

But here's the difference - so are YOU! Harper's momma, on the other hand, isn't quite what you would call petite.

Maybe one day . . .

Monica Tyler said...

Ali, you are funny. Harper is just as beautiful as her Mama! And just as sweet!